Acne disrupts your face, your self-esteem, and your confidence. It can be caused by dry skin or by oily skin and by changes in your hormones. It happens when your pores are clogged by bacteria and it quickly spreads to the surrounding pores. So, what can you do to get clear and healthy skin again? Some people make it worse by using harsh chemicals in an effort to improve their situation. The best thing to do is to learn about the natural home remedies for acne and the best natural acne treatments that are most effective.
1 Apple Cider Vinegar in Natural Acne Treatments
Using apple cider vinegar for acne is an excellent choice because it contains lactic acids and malic acids that work well to tone and exfoliate your skin, treat the acne, and even reduce the red marks. It kills the bacteria that is causing your acne, works as an astringent to dry up the excessive oil on your skin, and also operates as an alkaline which can balance your skin’s pH levels. This creates an environment that is inhospitable to acne, making this one of the best acne treatments. However, if you use too much, your sebaceous glands may try to compensate for the lack of oil on your skin by producing too much. This could ultimately cause more acne, so be sure to always use a moisturizer after using this apple cider vinegar home remedy for acne. The same properties that make apple cider vinegar useful as an acne remedy are also what makes it effective for treating yeast infections, getting rid of dandruff, and treating wisdom teeth pain. Use the following instructions for an effective apple cider vinegar natural acne treatment.
You will need…
- Gentle soap
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of water
- Cotton ball
- Use a gentle soap to wash your face.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with 3 tablespoons of water.
- Use cotton ball to apply solution to blemishes.
- Leave on for ten minutes.
- Wash face with gentle soap again.
- Moisturize your face.
- Repeat 3 times each day.
2 Aloe Vera and Tea Tree Oil in Natural Acne Treatments
Tea tree oil and aloe vera are both good for your skin and work well in natural remedies for acne. Tea tree oil is not as harsh as the frequently used benzoyl peroxide medication. It is not the same kind of oil that your skin produces and that can clog your pores. It operates as a solvent instead to get rid of extra oil, remove dead skin cells, and clear your clogged pores. It is also a natural antibacterial medication that works for everything from acne treatments to earache remedies and lice treatments.
Combining tea tree oil with witch hazel gives you the benefits of this natural astringent to remove even more excess oil. Yet, tea tree oil and witch hazel, despite making great home remedies for acne, can also dry your skin, which is where the aloe vera gel comes in. Aloe is one of the most frequently used natural skin health treatments, and it works for acne, stretch mark removal, and getting rid of ingrown hairs. It is an anti-inflammatory with antibacterial properties that soothes and hydrates your skin, minimizing redness and irritation. It is also a great acne scar treatment because it encourages your skin to heal and produce healthy cells. It even works well as a cystic acne treatment and a back acne treatment, particularly when used with a roller bottle for easy application. Use the following instructions to make natural acne treatments with tea tree oil, witch hazel, and aloe vera gel.
You will need…
- Gentle soap
- 1 teaspoon of tea tree oil
- 2 teaspoons of witch hazel
- 3 tablespoons of aloe vera gel
- Cotton balls (or roller bottle)
- Wash your face with a gentle soap and pat dry.
- Combine 1 teaspoon of tea tree oil with 2 teaspoons of witch hazel and 3 tablespoons of aloe vera gel.
- Apply solution to your face with cotton balls (or roller bottle).
- Use once each day.
3 Coconut Oil in Natural Acne Treatments
You might not expect that using coconut oil in natural acne treatments would be effective because it is an oil. Yet, like tea tree oil, this is not the same kind of oil that your skin produces. Because acne is an infection of the pores on your skin, the lauric acid, caprylic acid, and capric acid are all effective at treating it. These acids are antibacterial, antimicrobial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory fatty acids that can quickly and effectively treat the infection in your pores that causes the acne. The same essential fatty acids are also moisturizing for your skin and encourage your skin cells to stay healthy and strong, which also makes this an excellent acne scars treatment. Starting with a steam treatment for your face will open your pores. Use the following instructions to use coconut oil for acne.
You will need…
- A pot of water
- 2 clean towels
- 1 clean washcloth
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- Heat the pot of water on the stove, not to boiling, but to steaming.
- Carefully hover your face over the steam with a towel over your head to trap the steam. Let the steam open your pores for three minutes or so.
- Massage 1 teaspoon of coconut oil on your face in circular motions, taking your time to focus well on your most affected areas.
- Soak your clean washcloth in hot water.
- Place warm washcloth on your face for one minute.
- Use washcloth to soak up the excess oil.
- Use 1 clean towel to pat your face dry.
4 Lemon Juice in Natural Acne Treatments
Lemon juice is surprisingly great for your skin and is one of the most effective acne treatments. The citric acid of lemon juice acts as a natural astringent, causing your skin tissue to contract and drying out the acne. It will also reduce the redness of your skin and give it the much needed vitamin C for fighting infection. However, it can sting your skin, especially if your pimples are sore and inflamed. So, it’s a good idea to add yogurt to this natural home remedy for acne to minimize the stinging sensation. Use the following instructions to create an effective and gentle natural home acne remedy with lemon juice and yogurt.
You will need…
- ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon of yogurt
- Cotton swabs
- Rinse your face with warm water and pat dry with a clean towel.
- Squeeze the juice from half a lemon.
- Combine with 1 teaspoon of yogurt.
- Apply solution to your problem areas with a cotton swab.
Let us know in the comments which of these natural acne treatments works best for you.